Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Kimchi

Lately, I've been on a hunt to find some really good Korean recipes.  After my mom went to South Korea for the military, I've been interested in the Korean culture.  Fortunately for me, I have a friend from Burma who enjoys cooking a lot of Asian foods and is willing to teach me.  I just have say one thing really quickly.  I was told that the Asian market in Kitchener is very small.  Lies.  They haven't seen a small Asian market.  Try going to the Asian markets in Provo or Orem, Utah.  I was told that the market in Toronto was much better, but for a white girl like me, I was pretty satisfied with this place even though the smell of fish was overpowering.

Anyway...
If you are looking for a kimchi recipe, I suggest looking here.  Maangchi is a fabulous place to start learning how to make Korean foods. As a side note, my friend and I didn't make the kimchi with the porridge and we didn't use the dropwort.  We did, however, add an Asian pear.  This kimchi rocks.

My friend did the hard part cutting up the vegetables so beautifully. 

 I only had one yellow glove for mixing this kimchi together.  Wear gloves unless you want red pepper flakes to stain or burn your hands...

Mixing the cabbage, sauce, and vegetables together.
My friend was so happy that this kimchi turned out so well! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment