Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Stories

I love stories.
I especially love those family stories that are told at nearly every holiday that no one tires of hearing.
I love fairy tales, too.  I love that someone has the imagination to dream of cunning witches, magical enchantments, and giants.
I love folklore and myths.  I love reading the creation stories of ancient societies.  Have you noticed that societies try to explain their beginnings?
I love the stories of an individual.  Occasionally I read obituaries to learn of the lives lived around me.
I love looking at the things collected in my grandmother's trunk, and I love listening to her explain the details of the objects that were given her.  
I love sneaking away to look through all the photo albums my grandparents stow away, so I can etch all the beautiful moments of life captured into memory.
I love stories.

2 comments:

  1. Here's mine:
    When I was a baby, my dad looked at me and said "We've narrowed your name down to two names, but we can't decide. So you tell me, are you Janel Kiersten?" And I started fussing and crying. And then he said "okay, are you Jacquelyn Kollette?" and as soon as he said that name, I stopped fussing and smiled at him. So that's how I got my name. Also, I was the first Mikesell girl to be born in 72 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I think it's so cool you got to pick your name. C:

      Delete