Sunday, July 21, 2013

Gratitude

        I've been a bit stir crazy because I don't have a job, or money, or actual friends here.  Because of these problems, I've been grouchy, idle, and feeling sorry for myself.  (I've been working on getting a job part, but that always feels like a super slow process.)  But of course I've realized that I just need to change my attitude and be more grateful for everything I do have, put myself to work, and allow myself time for things.
      Today, I want to focus on gratitude--specifically things I am grateful for.

1. I am grateful that Heavenly Father knows and cares about me, and recognizes things I would like, even though I didn't actually ask for them in a prayer.  Two instances occurred today: the first was I got some more tubberware for free.  (I've wanted extra tubberware because I have planned on making and freezing spaghetti sauce, chicken broth, and other foods.)  The second instance is that I was able to borrow an air pump from a friend to bring my therapy ball back to life.

 2. I am grateful that I was invited to have dinner with some friends today.  I was so happy to spend time with other people (like I said before--cabin fever), and I didn't have to cook dinner.

 3. Last night, Greg and I received some delicious desserts from our neighbors--they didn't stay over and talk with us or anything, but I can't tell you how thoughtful it was to get them.  I also like that we have international neighbors for the cultural aspect.  I'm excited to exchange recipes. C:

 4.  I am so happy that we do not have a heat wave any longer!!  As someone said the other day to me, "People always comment on how cold it gets in Canada, but they fail to mention that it gets really hot up here, too!" Last week the weather was awful: 90 degrees plus humidity.  Remember, I don't have real A/C to keep the whole house cool!  Our bedroom is on the top floor, so we had a difficult time going to bed at a decent hour because it was still really stuffy outside at night.  (Greg found sleeping upstairs so repulsive that he ended up sleeping on the couch under the cool A/C window unit breeze for a few nights.)

Anyway, hopefully these small things will help me to remember that life is good.  Now back to job hunting.







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting! I can totally relate. It's hard starting over somewhere new. It just takes time to settle in. And while I think your heat wave is weak sauce, that really is awful if you don't have good AC. I know I can't sleep if I'm too hot. Glad it's over! And glad to see your new apartment is so cute! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete