Wednesday, May 13, 2015

38 Weeks

Huzzah!  I'm full-term now.  What a relief that I've been able to make it this far.

  I feel like my body has physically changed so much more the past couple of weeks which makes me so grateful that I have started maternity leave.  My belly is so much bigger now; I mean, I look down and all I see is my belly.  I've been sleeping well even though I now go to the bathroom 2- 3 times a night, and I am finding it more difficult to get comfortable because my pubic bone hurts so much after lying on either of my sides for a while.  I've never been a fan of sleeping on my tummy, but I just want to sleep in a different, comfortable position, and I feel so jealous that Greg can do it with ease.

  My questions of late are: when did I start drooling in my sleep and how do/did women lie on their back for several hours while they are/were in labor?!  I don't drool all the time or anything, but I've woken up occasionally with my pillow wet with drool...it feels embarrassing, but then I'm happy to know that I slept so well.  (And I'm not trying to be rude about the second question, but just from my experience of pregnancy lying on my back doesn't feel great for long.  'Course most positions don't feel great for very long...)

  Cravings: Cashew clusters from Costco, grilled cheese, watermelon, and A&W cheeseburgers.  So I guess the craving trend has pretty much been protein and fruit.  I had told a friend of mine that I really wanted some cashew clusters, and she was such a dear that she got some for me a couple of weeks ago!  I feel so loved!  The other day I had a severe headache, and all I wanted to eat was food from A&W because it sounded so good at 5 a.m. and I felt so much better the last time I had a migraine.  The last time I had a migraine, I got so hungry at one point that I asked Greg to make lunch, and he got us burgers and fries from A&W that were manna from heaven (and fortunately I felt a billion times better at this point that I didn't throw them up).

   Mothers' day this year was such a tease.  I kind of hated it.  I wasn't trying to think about myself, but I couldn't help but do so especially since I couldn't get in touch with certain people on mothers' day.  Here am I a couple of weeks away from my due date, and I don't have a baby to hold in my arms.  It just made me frustrated and more anxious to meet this little guy.    

  Lately, I've just started to prepare for this little guy a bit more.  I have my hospital bag half-way packed, I'm working on a couple of projects, I'm reading as much as I can (1/3 of the way through The Three Musketeers), and I'm attempting to keep the house clean/organized.  The other thing I want to do is make freezer meals or at least cook a bunch of meats, prep beans, etc. for meals after the baby arrives.  I just need the motivation to do it...   
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment