Thursday, April 20, 2017

Weird Pregnancy Question

Why do people always ask how you are feeling when you're pregnant?  But not at any other time during your life?  I feel like it's the oddest question to receive.  What do you want me to say? Pregnancy sucks.  That I'm fine--nothing about pregnancy bothers me.  And I always feel like it comes at the wrong point in pregnancy.  Talk to me during the first trimester, and I will tell you all the feelings.

I guess this thought comes from the fact that I am carrying a child with a heart abnormality which kind of sucks.  And I know people don't realize that they are asking me a dumb question.  I know they mean well, but I know they aren't asking about my baby with a heart abnormality.  

So how do I honestly feel? Alone.  Stressed out and scared for my baby.  Nervous about how he'll adjust to being outside of the womb.  Annoyed by trips to a hospital that's an hour away with appointments that take forever and end up during Tycho's nap time...*sigh* like I do well with nap time anyway.  Frustrated with the lack of control over my life.  

Otherwise, my pregnancy is going well.  Thanks for asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment