Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Army Half Days

Lucille: "What are you doing home?"
Buster: "Army had a half day."
                                                                      *  *  *
I'm not sure how many of you have seen the show "Arrested Development", but it happens to be a excellent show.  Anyways, this is a quick post about what has been going on since we've graduated.  I'm starting to feel like army has had a lot of half days...

Basically we are stuck with our housing contract until the end of July, and we are trying to sell it.  I thought we were going to be lucky at the beginning of the month because someone did stop by, and  they said would take up our contract.  (Thus, that facebook post about us leaving by the end of May... just kidding!!)  But I think our plan for the moment is to leave mid-June if we don't hear anything soon as Greg would like to start working on projects at University of Waterloo and get paid.

Now what have we been doing since we graduated?
Greg has playing video games quite a bit as well as auditing a class at BYU.

I have been reading to my heart's content, and I have been working on a project transcribing and scanning my mom's letters while she was overseas, in the army-- away.  This is a project that is dear to my heart as those letters carried me through some rough times, and they comforted me very much.  The reason I'm transcribing them is so that my siblings have access to them as well.

We have also had many game nights since army half days have started.  Our favorite games are Elder Sign, Pandemic, Dominion, Settlers of Catan, and King of Tokyo.  I highly recommend Elder Sign and Pandemic; both are excellent.

Until something exciting happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment