Saturday, September 27, 2014

Unexpected

  I have always loved fall the best.  Mostly because it meant new things and fun holidays even in the world that is preparing to sleep.  School starts.  My birthday takes place. Family birthdays--so many birthdays in the fall!
  Yesterday, I took a short walk around my neighborhood.  The world looks so pretty even with the seasonal changes.  I saw geese flying against a brilliant blue sky.  The yellowed leaves littered the ground.  I finally learned why purple is one of the Halloween colors.

I know these are just weeds, but they are gorgeous!
   Some unexpected, crazy things have happened this month--both pleasant and bad things have occurred, and they've all reminded me how many changes life has in store for us.  Yesterday I learned that my grandpa is suddenly going into surgery today because of a hernia that is pressing against his lungs and heart--it should be a simple surgery, but still surgery!  Ack!  Earlier this week, my family lost their pet in a freak accident.  The good news is that sometimes life will take us by surprise in wonderful ways.

I hadn't planned on sharing this news with everyone at this time, but these recent events have reminded me how precious and lovely life really is, and we shouldn't take it for granted.  I know that people generally wait to share such news until twelve weeks because things can happen, but I just wanted to share this because I'm just excited and this news is so meaningful to Greg and me.  I'm glad that I can experience this new change.  Baby is due late May 2015.


5 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! So stinking excited for you guys!!!! Hope you are feeling ok! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks! I feel quite well-- no nausea/morning sickness yet, but I still get to make a lot of trips to the bathroom, and I get to experience other fun pregnancy symptoms which I will share another time perhaps.

      Delete
  2. I'm so so so happy for you guys! Congratulations! You are going to be a great mom, Suzy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about you and so excited for you! such a wonderful time that will change your life forever in ways you never expected!

    ReplyDelete