Thursday, October 3, 2013

Birthday Memories

Tomorrow I will be twenty four years old.  Hooray. 

My dad wanted to know which birthday was my favorite birthday thus far, but I always have a difficult time choosing. So, I thought instead I'd share a few of my favorite birthday memories.
  *My dad loves to be adventurous with cake decorating.  He would buy plastic dinosaurs or cowboys and Indians and stick them all over the cake.  
  *We never bought wrapping paper for birthday presents.  Instead my family would use the cartoons from the Sunday paper as wrapping paper.  Best wrapping paper ever.
  *Flowers.  I love getting flowers for my birthday (tip for next year).  My mom once got me this cute little yellow bowl with a bunch of red and white carnations for my birthday.
  *Birthday parties at school.  One of the best reasons to avoid schoolwork in school.
     
Okay last weird birthday favorite memory took place on my fifteenth birthday.  I didn't do much that day except for go to school and hang out with my family afterwards.  My step-sister, sister, and I hung out together that evening.  We ate chips and salsa and watched the movie "Two Weeks Notice".  But I think I liked it so much because of the sisterly bond strengthened that day.  Or perhaps it was Hugh Grant. ; )

No pictures were taken that day, but I thought you'd like to see a cute picture of me taken right before my Homecoming dance which took place a couple of weeks after my fifteenth birthday.
I did have a date for this Homecoming even though I wasn't 16.
Most awkward feeling was dancing with him in front of my bishop.
I may have been a rebel.
My date may have needed a mint.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment