Saturday, January 4, 2014

Bagged Milk

   I apologize for my hiatus for the past month or so.  Sometimes, I have a hard time blogging here because my life doesn't feel that interesting to share with the world.  Other times, I felt that my journal to satisfying for my outlet for sharing thoughts.

  Anyway, today I wanted to share a new 'adventure' so to speak.  So for my American friends, I'll share with you a new experience.  Bagged milk.  I had avoided buying milk in a bag since we have been here because we don't drink 4 Liters (1.057 gallons) of milk fast enough.  The reason why I bought bagged milk yesterday is because the grocery store didn't have the brand of milk I buy in a 2 Liter container and I really needed milk, so I bought this bag.   Canadians have special pitchers for the bagged milk, but I'm considering just using a regular pitcher with a lid 'cause I hate that the bag stays open while you are still using it.

I buy whole milk; I like the taste and knowing that it has fewer alterations than the other kinds... Hopefully??



Perhaps I'll make yogurt with this extra milk??

3 comments:

  1. That's funny, because I was under the impression that milk producers remove all the fat in the milk and then add back in enough to make it 1, 2, or 3.75% (or whatever whole is) fat. This calls for research!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. I didn't know that about whole milk. I knew that they removed the fat and placed it back into the milk for skim milk. Let me know what you find out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for updating us! Even if you think your life is boring, I love hearing about it. It sounds like you guys are having a fun time in Canada.

    ReplyDelete